Monday, November 29, 2010

Christmas Card

So we were asked to photograph things which could be put on a Christmas card. Well I had a few ideas running around in my head such as wrapping fairy lights around a tree, lighting them and just us them for the source of lighting and hopefully give an outline of a Christmas tree. Well when I thought about it more I realised its boring and probably been done before so I came up with the idea of painting eggs.

I decided to paint eggs in different Christmas characters, such as Santa and snowman an elf ect, and to create a scene with them which is fun and aimed at all ages.
It took me a while to create the snow as I used cotton-wool balls and unravelled them which made strips and layered them around the positioned eggs. I then made a sieve out of paper to make the flour go on the cotton-wool evenly. Then I put loads and loads of sugar over the top to create the glistening effect snow would make.
I enjoyed this shoot however it was very time consuming on getting the display accurate and it only took about 15mins to shoot it.

No comments:

Post a Comment