Monday, November 29, 2010

Shoe Laces

One of our briefs was to do something creative and different with Shoe/Boot laces. I had to think for a while of what to do as personally I find a shoe with the laces in pretty boring. I wanted to do something a bit more fun and me. After having a long think about it I came up with the idea to make a flapper style dress and use the shoe laces. To have the model jumping in the air or doing some sort of movement so all the laces moved.
It was pretty stressful as my model was last and I had a whole time plan in my head how I wanted stuff done and when so I was in panic mode trying to make sure everything was done. I was late for my studio time slot; however I and another student decided to put both of our time slots together so it gave us both 2 hours to get our work done.
Which as lucky.
We had a few issues with the make-up as the false eyelashes I bought for the shoot, well the glue was dried out and they hadn’t even been open so that annoyed me. We ended up using hairspray to stick them on. The model consented and was her idea so I said if she went blind in the morning it wasn’t my fault.
We got on with the shoot and it was the first real shoot since I got my new camera (canon 5D mark II ) so I was pretty excited, the lighting was correct and another student brought in a space hopper. We did a few shots on there which happen now to be my favourite then a few of the model jumping on an exercise trampoline.
After discussing my shots and shoot for next time I have learnt to shoot tethered as my shutter speed was too fast coursing a dark line on the edge of my pictures, however to fix this I used the Dodge tool in Photoshop. However I much rather get the picture right in the first place than having to edit it after. Also that brings me on to the fact I didn’t use the correct lens. If I used a longer lens I would have been able to avoid getting a lot of the background in the shots when the model was jumping in the air. I tried in Photoshop to edit it however it looked terrible and wouldn’t say I’m proud of them shots. So next time shoot tethered, ask which the best lens for the shoot is and check the glue which came with the eyelashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment